He knows what is wrong with the world. He sees it. He weeps for it. He cries out for it. He wants to come and restore it. But He also sees that one girl who still needs to know of His love, that one boy who still needs to know of His truth. He does not want transformation out of guilt, out of shame, and out of living a mundane life. He wants gospel transformation. For truth to be revealed, for love to be real and constant. And that is the God we worship today. A God whom we have not chosen, but a God who has chosen us.
It is significantly important that I let these words sink into me this morning. For the past few days I have been trying to sift through all these feelings and thoughts that tell me about who I am and who I should be. What I want and what I should be wanting. What I should be doing, what I am not doing. It goes on. This list of standards that I desire to embrace with all my heart. But there are times when, I just don’t completely get it.

I don’t want to live a dictated life. It’s tantamount to being asleep. I want to live a life that is awake and aware. I don’t want to miss the beauty of sunrises and tell myself I’m glad to be awake this morning and mean it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lectio Divina | A Reflection on Yehuda Amichai's "The Amen Stone"

Believing to See

Sacred Days