My Restoration















The nap was 2 hours.  The sun is slowly setting.  I'm letting my mind drown in songs of worship because I'd like to worship my way into the New Year.  And there's this word from a song that my heart's beating to this moment.

Restoration.  

For this moment it feels like a declaration rising from the very depths of all that has been messed up, lost and broken.  So I let it rise.  This pulse climbing out of the noisy clutter and I let it embrace me.  It's on repeat and the cry is loud, desperate, aching and victorious.

Restoration.  

Before the fireworks sound its trumpets blaring onwards to midnight, I make my own ascent and blow my own horn.

You bring Restoration.

The year was long and tiring.  The ride was an unending rollercoaster.  There were pockets of graces were potholes of despair made me stumble. And I haven't really done much to overcome anything because I am spent and weary.  Yet this moment where dusk hits the land, I am finding a new strength and a new song.  Just a few hours away before the new year peeks into my time, I am granted this declaration.

You bring Restoration. 

Over the weary places.  Over the hopeless places.  Over the dry places.  Over the messy places.  You bring Restoration.   Your birth touching my raw life.  Your life brings my restoration.

For I will restore health to you, and your wounds I will heal, declares the Lord. (Jeremiah 30:17)

And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you. And you shall eat in plenty and be satisfied and praise the name of the Lord, your God, Who has dealt wondrously with you. And My people shall never be put to shame. (Joel 2:25-27)

For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. (1 John 5:4)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art and Business

Lectio Divina | A Reflection on Yehuda Amichai's "The Amen Stone"

Receive Grace to be Graceful