Writing Out Restlessness and Organic Creativity

Ideas for writing surfaces during nightmorn after quite a few restless moments yesterday. Bombarded by busy-ness and work issues I had to put this on hold for a bit. But I'm glad it has surfaced in my conversation with Adi this morning.

adrienne: just keep the process organic. ORGANIC.

me: i'll take note of that in my journal

me: how do you keep a process ORGANIC

adrienne: like just feel your way through it. dont try to analyze write down anything that surfaces in your head if it surfaces, it means something and just keep praying for the play/story to stay with you and ask you to write it.
I was telling her about how difficult it is for me hold on to a thought I want to write about especially when I get busy or feel anxious or experience a strain in a relationship. Yesterday I was jotting down my thoughts on my journal and realized how much I think about a lot of things. I wasn't sure if I was being coherent at all as I let the words just declutter themselves on paper. But one day I'm going to have to figure out my own creative process and overcome the hurdles that go along with it.

I noticed how fickle I am with book preferences as of late. I jump from one book to another as if they were served in a buffet. Disappointment with God by Philip Yancey. Artist and the Pope by Curtis Bill Pepper. Faith of A Writer by Joyce Carol Oates. Poustinia by Catherine Doherty. I am finding this habit to be a little bit frustrating because it puts me off-center. I don't understand why I have to stop at a page and pick up something else in between. I feel this searching going on inside me and when it isn't answered by one book, I move on to the next without finishing. Is that normal?

I'm not sure. But it is uncomfortable.

Today I hope to understand a little bit about my personal nuances and idiosyncrasies. To sit well with them. To befriend them. To love them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art and Business

Lectio Divina | A Reflection on Yehuda Amichai's "The Amen Stone"

Receive Grace to be Graceful