Brain Knots and the Attempt at Untying

I'm not sure if I had enough space in my mind to think of anything related to literature this week.  My mind is as tight as a knot again.  And this usually happens to be the case when I'm engaged in such a rigorous activity of brainstorming for work.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm happy about it.  It's just that it was such a tiring event to pull everybody through.  I didn't imagine it to be that hard when I was in business school.  Getting people to brainstorm is a feat.  Getting people to talk about what they have brainstorm is another. Getting people to write about what they brainstorm is a miracle.

Such are the hurdles I face as a young HR leader.  Sometimes I feel like I'm 50 years old at this rate.  I need to stay young.  I need to wade a little bit in the pleasantries of life.  More soaking into beautiful stories of inspiration.  More of seeing with new eyes.

I have really nothing much to say this morning because I'm not sure I know what I want to say right now. Changing gears from writing about work to writing about soulful things is still a difficult thing to do for me. I usually get myself started by reading a journal entry from Plath or Kerouac.  Or sometimes browse through the blogs I am subscribed to.  But nothing seems to draw me in right now.  The left hemisphere is dominating at this moment and I know better than to resist it.

I was quite happy to get a package from Marie yesterday.  My officemate had placed a blue bag on the table and I saw the little things Marie sent for me from Vancouver.  I was enthralled to see all the Madeleine L'Engle books and the DVDs she said she thinks I'd be happy to watch with the bunch.  

I am looking forward to dabbling on these things even though I know I won't really have enough time to finish them all.  I wanted to take a week long vacation before Christmas because I know I still have vacation leaves left to use but at this rate I don't know if I'll have enough time.  

I want another weekend just doing artful stuff again.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art and Business

Lectio Divina | A Reflection on Yehuda Amichai's "The Amen Stone"

Anxious No More