Bethlehem's Star


May I grow to be more aware of the truth that is in my midst.  Even in the clutter that surrounds my life.  Like the three Kings and the simplicity of the shepherds who found themselves at awe with the birth of Christ.  An epiphany that the source of hope, love, peace and joy is right there in their midst.

May the Star of Bethlehem shine constantly inside my heart and illuminate the profound truth that Jesus, Emmanuel is God truly with us.

I am pleasantly visited by a rush of inspiration this morning as the rain quietly poured over the steeple of Pink Sisters Church.

He came to make himself known to the Gentiles.

I wonder what it must have been like to realize that the Redeemer of the world was right infront of you as a beautiful baby.  How did the flock that gathered around the ordinary and hidden stable in Bethlehem open their hearts to the truth of Jesus?  What kind of overflowing of heart did they experience?  What kind of warmth permeated their entirety?  I can only guess.  But I suppose if I continue to ponder about this story, I'll get enthralled by its mystery and exclaim, "Only God can author such a moment cozily tucking in the truth of His divinity inside the simplicity of rustic human life."

It would take a person to be focused enough to not miss it.   What with all the busy errands and the numerous and urgent concerns that cloud the intellect and rob it of possible revelations.

I have been such a person.  Robbed of the enchanting joys that glaze the faithfully steadfast.  Here I am reminded of why the star had to shine so bright in that midnight sky.  But 2,000 years ago we did not have a lot of things that took our attention by storm.  No internet.  No parties.  No mobile communication technology.  It seems that in our advancement we become more ignorant and numb to the promptings of the beautiful unseen life that makes up our faith.

They are watching.  They are present.  The heavens are always looking.

I'd like to be surprised.  I'd like to feel that wonderful warm permeate inside my chest after the unveiling of an unexpected epiphany.  Like that of Bethlehem's star.

Comments

  1. "Only God can author such a moment cozily tucking in the truth of His divinity inside the simplicity of rustic human life."

    Love this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art and Business

Lectio Divina | A Reflection on Yehuda Amichai's "The Amen Stone"

Anxious No More