Another Weekend's Passed

Another weekend's passed and I feel that I've covered so many things from a strategic planning session, to a Christian service teaching, to an apostolate fundraising brainstorming session.  The weekend was indeed full and I have to admit that by the time Saturday night ended, I was so tired that I fell asleep as soon as I hit the sack.

But I have to say that I feel grateful for quite a lot of things because I never thought I could even go that far in my capacity to serve and help out a ministry that's struggling to get back up on its feet.  The words of today's readings echo in my heart and is suddenly starting to permeate my work-cluttered mind.  

It's quite an affirmation because these were the same words that were whispered in prayer to my ear last Saturday by a dear counselor friend of mine.  It was uplifting and I'll echo them here on this page as Isaiah 65:17 says "The Lord says, 'I am making a new earth and new heavens.  The events of the past will be completely forgotten.  Be glad and rejoice forever in what I create.  The new Jerusalem I make will be full of joy, and her people will be happy."

It's been a while since the Living Word struck me with its truth.  But tonight, surprisingly it did.  It was an unexpected illumination as I spent almost 3 hours trying to get myself organized for the work that I am about to deal with this week.  It's funny how in the middle of it all, when I thought my mind would be so unreceptive, I found consolation in these words.  

It's true, when you seek Him, you will find Him.  And I found Him today.  In the eagerness to re-organize a part of the team.  In the eagerness to create opportunities and dish out ideas to restore a ministry.  

Thank you dear Readers for coming by.  Your visits encourage me as well.  I just want you to know that. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art and Business

Lectio Divina | A Reflection on Yehuda Amichai's "The Amen Stone"

Anxious No More