Stories of Things: Bonsai of Three

I started looking into a photography and writing activity to get my rhythm more consistent and upon the advise of my bestfriend Adrienne I should start with everyday things.  She showed me this blog of someone who took pictures of things and their sentimental value.  It made sense.  I'm a pretty sentimental person and I find it hard to throw some things away because of their value.  So it looked like a worthwhile project to take on, yet again. (laughs).  



A bonsai pot of three, this little garden used to brighten up my room 4 years ago.  I bought it in 2007 when I went on a trip to Tagaytay City.  That trip was an exploration of faith and friendship that became formed because of spiritual bond.  The pursuit of authenticity and the perfection of a craft became the purpose of fellowship and camaraderie.  I look back on those days and remember the cool breeze and laughter.  Silly jokes over piles of food spilled throughout the afternoon.  It was the longest lunch I've had and I didn't even bother to take the time. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art and Business

Lectio Divina | A Reflection on Yehuda Amichai's "The Amen Stone"

Anxious No More