That silent moment when..

It's an early morning quiet.  The weekend has ended and I'm off to another day at work.  It starts out with a serious 8:00am meeting.  My heart's half into it and half wandering off into a dream.  I linger here for most of the morning because that place has been quite soothing to me as of late.  The rhythm of her words and the photographs of grace.  

I'm trying to learn how she says "eucharisteo" in every moment.  

This morning, I give thanks and let me heart open as wide as it can to the blessings I seldom see.

The birds vibrant in their chirping.
The cloudy morning fighting off the summer's heat.
The words of writers that remind me of a beautiful life that can be lived.
The breakfast food I'm starving for.
The work that's going to get done today.

I'm trying out this habit.  Even when my insides churn to almost spit everything out in disgust.  It's only my bitterness working when I am not able to give thanks.  

I hope I see God's face today.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art and Business

Lectio Divina | A Reflection on Yehuda Amichai's "The Amen Stone"

Anxious No More