Grace Overwhelming

A morning of light musings. Flipping the pages of the Holy Book and seeing Hebrews as a letter to me from Paul who wrote this centuries ago. I saw markings of where I stopped reading. Verses I highlighted seven years before starting only to come true for me seven years later.

I'm hungry to dig into his words. Words fueled by the passionate witness of a Savior who set him free. Free from the life that accused him and stereotyped him. Free from a life of control. Free from the unnecessary anxieties the clamor for his attention.



This is the life I want. And I am happy to have been able to reach this place despite the long journey that took to get me here. I'm walking feebly. Obviously exhausted from the past days of struggling to get to this freedom. And now I'm just tasting restoration moment by moment.

Faith rising with the words, "We are not among those who draw back and perish, but among those who have faith and will possess life."

I walk with my eyes lifted and my gaze fixed.  A resolve I've chosen to make minute by minute.  My weak mind distracted often from the concerns of daily living needs to be anchored on to the hope that does not disappoint.

Paul encourages me through the doubts and the fears of past circumstances that have blinded me of the true worth God has given me because of his unconditional love.  And while I sit on my desk looking at numerous stacks of books and letters from people of theology and highly spiritual backgrounds, I let their words just reverberate silently like whispers of angels guarding. I can't read them all.  But I can read some.  And today Paul's letter to the Hebrews has been made relevant and alive again.

He goes on, "Let us hold unwaveringly to our confession that gives us hope, for he who made the promise is trustworthy." 

I am of feeble faith.  I know that now.  And the only way I can strengthen it everyday is read and digest these words over and over.  Saying them out loud to myself.  And the slow transformation of my mind begins.  Like a recoiling.  Like an unravelling.

I've witnessed many miracles this week and through circumstances that might have been impossible to recognize as gifts.  But they are there right infront of me.  The courage to move on.  The boldness to speak truth.  The bravery to take that jump.  The landing of a job.  Being held in the assurance of hope. Dreams that fuel the walk forward.  The weather that cooperates.  The birds that sing.  The client that gives his piece of wisdom.  The parents who support.  The friends who walk on.

And it flows like a river.  This grace overwhelming. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art and Business

Lectio Divina | A Reflection on Yehuda Amichai's "The Amen Stone"

Anxious No More