Waiting for Sunrise

It's been a while since I've waited for the sun rise.  The week ends and I woke up this morning at 4:30a because of a message on my Blackberry.  I would have gone to the dawn mass if I weren't tired.  I haven't enjoyed enough quiet on morning's like this.  The dark night sky slowly lightening up to the day.  It brings back so many memories of places I've visited like Paris, Seattle, Toronto.  All having the same feeling of morning peeking from twilight.

Lucerne Switzerland 2005

I look at a stray branch of a tree crawling up my neighbors roof and I'm remembering the maple leaves of Canada and the lush mountains of Switzerland.  Everything felt so free then.  And the world so big that all my concerns were crushed against the earth's grandeur and beauty.  

The past few months, I've felt my world shrink into this small ball.  Cowering and scared.  But I long for my prayers to be lifted up and move past the boulders that block the beauty of life from my view.  I survived this week and all the pains that came along with it.  But I don't want to go through another week like this again.  And I hope as I prepare for my Christmas break in a few day's time, I'll be remembering good conversations with family and the warm and hearty laughs with cousins in my hometown Cebu.  

The year 2011 is almost ending and it's quite hard to encapsulate everything into a paragraph.  I don't know where I want to go on 2012 just yet but I just pray I'll be riding the unforced rhythms of grace.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art and Business

Lectio Divina | A Reflection on Yehuda Amichai's "The Amen Stone"

Receive Grace to be Graceful