"Our truest response to the irrationality of the world is to paint or sing or write, for only in such response do we find truth." - Madeleine L'Engle
Busy
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
I have encountered this word so many times this week. I have lost a relationship because of this word. People get sick and experience anxiety because of this word. People forget what matters most because of this word.
It took me a week to finally choose a poem I resonated with among the six poems I was assigned to reflect on through the ancient practice of sacred reading called lectio divina . The experience of being in a writing course (albeit online) has given me the liberation to explore the power of words and unearth the gift I know I've long locked within. The gift of realizing I have the same power as well. My writing process was a painful unraveling. I could not write immediately. I could not catch the thought and pin it down on paper. I tried reading other books that would get the flow of creativity going and to no avail the anxiety caught on and forced me to take a break. So I did. And went back on it again this weekend. I had to recalibrate my mind for 2 hours. Removing the residue of the business mind that forces me to constrict my definitions of life in a less human sounding voice. I began my meditatio o...
While the past two days of this work week has passed by so swiftly than I expected, I am pausing tonight to go back into the silence before sleep. The moment where I commit to rekindling the moments where I discover the places of joy tucked between the busy hours or the day's work. #160. The call to pray before our meeting acknowledging the presence of God #161. Protected by God's peace the whole day despite work issues. #162. The momentum rolling with newly discovered opportunities. #163. My parents' appreciation and interested in what I've been writing of late. #164. The delight of my parents as they learn how to use iMessage. #165. Rekindling the dream of building art foundations. Last Sunday I was anxious to experience the possibility of encountering so many unresolved issues that have piled up while I was away. And though they continue to exist, I am wrapped in a place of peace. Steadily keeping my eyes on Him, th...
There are many interesting things that have been happening to me these past 3 weeks. It's been a journey out of and into another chapter of my life. And this chapter is the chapter that makes me face that thing I want to do the most. Write. The stories on this page have been slow because I've been trying to discover what it is that I want to really write about and when I ask myself this question, I begin to ask myself the most important question: what am I really about? It doesn't feel so difficult to ask now compared to before. I'd squirm and I'd let my gaze wander off into a blank wall or I'd stiffen up and change the subject because I don't really want to dig in too deep and ask myself that because I fear the answer to that question. I fear having to say it out loud. I fear having to type it out here. What am I really about? I don't really know. I don't really have it all figured out just yet. It'...
You are so so right my friend! I meant to say more but I'm going to remember your advise and go take a nap instead! Keep on writing Kathy!
ReplyDelete